Monday, October 08, 2007

MAX 2007 is over

Well by now you have read everyone's blog postings about the largest MAX ever - over 4200 attendees. ColdFusion developers rocked the house as usual, but since ColdFusion 8 has been out since July, Flex and AIR (the Adobe Integrated Runtime) got a chance to really shine and I can say that many of the CF developers I talked to were ready to jump on to Flex 2 and the upcoming Flex 3, using ColdFusion as the back end.

My session on ColdFusion and Live Cycle Data Services integration went well, with a good crowd for both showings. As usual I had too much to talk about (40 slides!), but I managed to keep both times on track and finish in 60 minutes. I hope I inspired at least a few people to try the integrated installation and write a simple MXML file, drop it in their CF web root and see what happens. The trial edition of Flex Builder 2 (or the beta edition of FB 3 on labs) is a good place to start.

All-in-all I think this MAX was a success. The food was good (and plentiful - every time I turned around, there was some sugary snack or dessert starring me in the face) but the conference center was huge and I felt like I walked for miles to make up for all the food. I got to play some Halo 3 in the after hours lounge, even though the lounge in the conference center was kinda lame. And I got to talk to a whole bunch of customers about their problems and successes, which is really why we hold these events.

See you in SF next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I said on my blog about your session: "I pick up a new little nugget each time I hear Tom talk about this."